To succeed in any venture including business, one needs to have the right tools and information. In business terms, these tools and information may either be accessed from internal employees of your enterprise, or outsourced. When the tools and information are outsourced, you normally engage the professional services of strategy consultants.
When you engage strategy consultants for example, they will ensure that you are provided with choices that enable your business to succeed in its market. These choices must show you what your organization must have to win, where the battle aground is and how you to win. Knowing all these key performance tools and information is likely to improve your chances of success in business. In other words, do you have the skills and capabilities to win? Are your products and/or services of the required qualities that your customers would be compelled to buy?
Most business owners and entrepreneurs do not consider, ask or take the above questions seriously. But for other non-human species like the blow fish and the like, they take the success of their business very seriously. A blow fish for example, can do a number of amazing things, not only to survive, but thrive in its environment. They know which tools to use, where to use them and also how to use them for success.
To thrive and survive, Blow fish is found in the warm coastal Indian, Atlantic and Pacific oceans. They do not only use tail fins and neurotoxins to escape from predators, but also employ the skills and expertise of blowing themselves up by inflating size. Most of these survival and success skills have been learnt and adapted by these creatures over many years.
Similary, an entrepreneur may also survive and succeed in his/her competitive environment. But you need the skills, information and tools to do so. If not, employ strategy consultants who will be able to put together these vital skills, tools and information to enable your business to succeed in your market.
So the questions become: do you have the skills to succeed in your business? Are such skills found with your employees? If not, engage the services of strategy consultants. Furthermore, do you know when, how and where to apply these skill? In case the answers to these questions are resounding YES, there are a number of benefits for having or using strategy skills:
- They give you confidence to run your business.
- Build an image of trust for your business in the eyes of your customers.
- Make you work faster, smarter, and cheaper, hence producing more and with quality outputs. However, if your organization is slower, expect more costs in financial terms, and being less competitive in the market place.
- On the other hand, by employing strategy skills, efficient performance can be achieved and used consistently for the benefits of your customers.
- Perfected business strategy skills provide you as an entrepreneur with the advantage to consistently apply them whenever and wherever necessary for the benefits of your customers.
- These survival skills also allow your business to create its competitive future rather than relying on fast movers, thereby becoming follower and hence curtailing your opportunity to become trend setter.
In essence business strategy skills will enable your business to know where it is now, where you are planning to go, and also providing the tools you need to reach there. These skills take care of both your internal threats and external opportunities. In other words these skills force you to carry out a SWOT analysis for the betterment of your business performance. Therefore, think, behave and act like a Blow fish if you want your business to succeed. Strategize!